Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
FIREFLY vs BIRCH & BARLEY in BOTTLE BATTLE 1
Monday, July 25, 2011 from 6:30 PM to 10:30 PM (EDT)
Chef Danny Bortnick of Firefly will partner with Chefs Kyle Bailey and Tiffany MacIsaac of Birch & Barley to prepare a five-course fundraising dinner with 100% of the profits going to the Susan G Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure™, which Bortnick and his wife will participate in this fall. Chefs Bailey and Bortnick will prepare two courses each, featuring their unique takes on American cuisine from their popular neighborhood restaurants. Award-winning pastry chef Tiffany MacIsaac will delight with a selection of breads and fare for a sweet ending.
This, however, will not be your ordinary multi-course tasting menu. In a true test of what pairs best, two of the industry’s most notable beverage experts will go head to head in a “bottle battle” of beer vs. wine.The spirit of the evening is a friendly competition, where only the best bottle will win. From San Francisco, Kimpton Restaurants’ Master Sommelier, Emily Wines, will select her perfect varietal for each course, while Neighborhood Restaurant Group’s Beer Director Greg Engert will present his favorite beer pairing.
Guests will enjoy a reception of passed canapés and sparkling wine, followed by five dually paired courses. A lively discussion of each pairing will be detailed by both competitors, as well as a few words from a representative from Susan G. Komen. In the end, guests will elect their favorite and votes will be tallied, deeming either wine or beer as the victor. A silent auction will also be held, including hotel stays, restaurant gift certificates, wine and jewelry. Tickets are $150 per person, all inclusive and you will be entered into a drawing for fabulous prizes, including:
- Ricotta stuffed Crispy Squash Blossoms
- Summer squash and smoked mozzarella gratin
- King salmon tartare, mustard seed cones
- Chicken liver toast, pickled ramp
- Grilled octopus, avocado, olive, potato chip
Bread service by Tiffany MacIsaac
- Assorted breads
First course by Danny Bortnick
- Heirloom tomato, basil and bread salad, house-made mozzarella
Second course by Kyle Bailey
- Corn tortellini with Maryland crab, rapini and toasted pine nuts
Third course by Danny Bortnick
- Pan roasted halibut, green garbanzo bean puree, crispy eggplant, garlic confit, roasted fingerling potato
Fourth course by Kyle Bailey
- Braised lamb belly with curried fregula sardo, squash blossoms and fresh fava bean salad
Fifth course by Tiffany MacIsaac
- Almond pound cake, popped blueberries, sweet corn ice cream